Bobath Basic course
Adult Neuroloigcal conditions
Only 12 participants are allowed to attend this world class course.
Block one : 6-17 March 2016
Block two :1-5 May 2016
Instuctor : Kim Jennings
Senior bobath Instructor -Australia
Vice Chair of the international bobath instructors training association.
This IBITA recognised course is split into 2 blocks
Module 1 is 2 weeks in length and consists of theoretical and practical sessions and patient demonstrations. Course members are involved in patient treatment sessions supervised by tutors.
Module 2 is a period of independent learning resulting in the production of a clinically based project.
Module 3 is 1 week in length and consists of theoretical and practical sessions, patient demonstrations, and workshops.
To offer the participant the opportunity to gain an understanding of the philosophy of and neurophysiological bases underlying the current Bobath Concept.
To develop the participants ability to use the current Bobath Concept in the assessment and treatment of patients with neurological dysfunction.
To develop participants skills of observation, analysis and facilitation of movement.
To provide opportunities to expand participants clinical reasoning and problem solving skills.
To describe and measure consequences of neurological dysfunction and the impact that rehabilitation intervention based on the Bobath Concept may have.
To link the current evidence base and clinical practice.
At the conclusion of the course the course member will be able to:
1 Understand the history and ongoing development of The Bobath Concept.
2 Integrate the principles of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) in their evaluation and treatment of adults with neurological disorders.
3. Analyse and facilitate efficient postural and movement control in preparation for and during functional activity.
4. Understand the functional consequences of lesions of the central nervous system.
5. Observe and analyse dysynergic and/or inefficient movement and function and influence this through intervention.
6. Utilise the principles of motor control, motor learning, neural plasticity and muscle plasticity in their approach to treatment.
7. Understand the relationship between assessment and treatment and implement the ongoing process of clinical reasoning.
8. Adapt and apply appropriate theoretical principles of treatment to the individual patient/client within his environment.
9. Develop effective handling skills and incorporate them with the appropriate environmental and other influences in order to regain function.
10. Appreciate the importance of appropriate outcome measures to support evidence based practice.
11. Continue learning through critical reading, self evaluation, and sharing with others.
For completion of the course the course member will have undertaken a period of self-directed learning in the form of an individual assignment related to the clinical practice of The Bobath Concept.
Who is this course suitable for?
Qualified Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists working in neurology who are approaching or are already at a Senior level.
25000 Egyptian pound (Egyptian applicants ONLY)
paid over 3 installments .
6000 pound fund for the first 5 registerations
3500 USD (overseas applicants)
6000 Egyptian pound fund by primephysio development fund for the first 5 participants
Deadline for application : 31st January 2015 . book your place by paying a deposit of 4000 pound (unrefundable) . the rest to be paid overt two installments.
Application please email with your CV.
Course is limited to
12 particpants only