The Athlete Movement System
Upper Quadrant Course
Two Days Course
Abu Dhabi- UAE
The movement system teaches you how to use movement to diagnose and treat athlete movement dysfunction. The material is highly interactive with an emphasis on the practical application of principles covered in the course. Concepts utilized in the courses include closed kinetic chain muscle testing, dynamometry, speed of force generation, anatomical slings, neuromuscular chains, dual vectors and reflexive activation. At the conclusion of the course, you will have a greater understanding of how to integrate movement based assessments into sport-specific treatments.
● Learn the biomechanics and sports specific demands on the lower quarter and spine in sport.
● Understand the importance of regional interdependence of the lower quarter and spine with its functional relationship to pathobiomechanics
● Demonstrate and select appropriate movement assessments and treatments for the lower quarter and spine for athletes
● Provide interventions based on faulty movement patterns observed relating to the key impairments obtained from the objective examination.
● Learn current research supporting movement and sport specific assessments and treatments.
Jared Vagy PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
Dr. Jared Vagy received his Doctorate in Physical Therapy (DPT) from the University of Southern California (USC). He completed a one-year residency program and became a Board Certified Orthopedic Specialist. He then completed an additional one-year fellowship program in Movement Science at Kaiser Permanente Hospital.
Dr. Jared Vagy has published three books and numerous articles on injury prevention. He delivers seminars internationally on the topic. Dr. Jared Vagy is on teaching faculty at USC in the DPT Program. He is a mentor for both the USC Physical Therapy residency program and the USC DPT program. He is on Academy Faculty for the TheraBand Academy and is on the Editorial Board for ADVANCE Physical Therapy magazine.
Dr. Jared Vagy served as a physical therapist in China for the Chinese National Track and Field Team, completed a rotation at the USA Olympic Training Center, worked with USA Track and Field at the Olympic Team Trials and covers international competitions such as the Weightlifting World Championships. He has rehabilitated several world champions, gold medalists and Olympic athletes.
For more information & booking