in Neurological Disorders
Dubai - UAE
Tuesday, 24 th January, 2023
Dr. Dania Sh. Farid
MSC, PT, CMP, CMTP, CTP
-PHD candidate, Department of Physical Therapy for Neurology, Cairo University.
-MSC Physical Therapy for Neurological Disorders and its surgeries, Cairo University
-Senior Instructor, Primephysio UK
-Bobath Trained Therapist, IBITA
-CMT, CDNP, KCMT
Balance impairments are considered challenging dysfunctions affecting the patients in daily activities and limit their environmental participation. These impairments are commonly seen in daily clinical practice. In this workshop, we will discuss the management of the balance dysfunctions and correlating visual, vestibular and proprioceptive dysfunctions with the recent clinical and research evidence.
1. Discussing the systems controlling the normal human postural stability.
2. Illustrating the Impairments to the postural stability.
3. Assessing the vestibular system problems.
4. Managing the vestibular hypofunctional problems.
5. Justifying different approaches to limit the risk of falls.
6. Illustrating different manual approaches to target the visual problems.
7. Practical labs to target the Eye to Hand coordination and static and dynamic balance systems.
8. Approaches to proprioceptive training.