Summary of Recommendations for neck intervention (Continued):
NECK PAIN WITH HEADACHES
- Clinicians should provide supervised instruction in active
- Clinicians may provide C1-2 self-sustained natural apophyseal
glide (self-SNAG) exercise.
- Clinicians should provide cervical manipulation and
- Clinicians may provide C1-2 self-SNAG exercise.
- Clinicians should provide cervical or cervicothoracic manipulation or mobilizations combined with shoulder girdle and
neck stretching, strengthening, and endurance exercise. NECK PAIN WITH RADIATING PAIN
- Clinicians may provide mobilizing and stabilizing exercises,
laser, and short-term use of a cervical collar.
- Clinicians should provide mechanical intermittent cervical
traction, combined with other interventions such as stretching
and strengthening exercise plus cervical and thoracic mobilization/ manipulation.
- Clinicians should provide education and counseling to
encourage participation in occupational and exercise